Servisource are attending the Newry, Mourne and Down Crossborder Job Fair.
When:Wednesday 17th October between 11am-2pm and 4pm-6pm.
Where: Canal Court Hotel, Merchants Quay, Newry, Co. Down
What to bring?
Bring with you several copies of your CV to the job fair, education and professional qualifications, any certs or in relation to construction, any passes you obtain .
- Looking for a new job?
- Looking to get back into employment or a change of career?
- Not happy in your current role?
At the Newry, Mourne and Down Crossborder Job Fair, jobseekers can speak with prospective employers, learn about upcoming jobs vacancies and make job applications.
This event is brilliant for networking. The biggest advantage, even if it does not convert into an instant employment offer is the opportunity to network with company recruiters and hiring managers. Speaking with hiring managers is also a way of practicing for an interview – make a lasting impression or connection with them (face by face is better than a paper CV) and you could be their first choice if a new role comes up.
GET ORGANISED – Your approach to the fair makes a huge difference on results.
• Get a list of participating companies and choose which companies interest you.
• Identify current openings these companies have and prepare your sales pitch – portray your skills & background, emphasising your unique selling point.
• Stay upbeat, get a name or business card from everyone you talk to and follow up by emailing your updated CV – let them know you can add value to their organisation.
• Keep focused on your job search and try not to get overwhelmed by the number of job seekers in attendance