We are currently recruiting Academic Personal Assistants to work with students with disabilities in Further Education Setting in North Dublin.
An Academic Personal Assistant supports students with disabilities who may require an enhanced level of support to enrich their learning experience and support their participation and equal access in their chosen course of study.
Job Description of an Academic Personal Assistant:
- Assist in facilitating the student’s attendance at all necessary lectures, tutorials, labs and other academic contact hours.
- Assist the student with mobility and orientation around the college at location(s)
- Assist the student with carrying personal belongings, books, folders etc.
- Provide Personal Care when required to the student
- Assist, if necessary, in assisting the student with Activities of Daily Living on campus
- Act as a Note taker for the student
- The PA will manage all confidential information they are aware of in relation to the student and/or their course of study in line with our confidentiality policy
- Undertake other services and/or training as and when requested by his/her line manager
- Minimum level 5 National Framework of qualifications in HealthCare or Social Care or Similar
- Valid Patient Moving Handling
- Experience with providing personal care and ADL
- Ability to note take for a student
- Competency in the use of IT: Minimum level ECDL or equivalent
- Respect for privacy and ability to manage confidential information
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Background in student course of study
- Disability awareness
We are currently recruting for a role based in Whitehall, Dublin. The role is Monday-Friday and has an immediate start
All applicants are required to be Garda Vetted and Reference checked for this role.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity Apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information call Jenny McShane on 042-9368323