A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Social Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day-to-day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Aspect Social Worker
Penrose Wharf, County Cork
Permanent, 37 hours
The purpose of the job is to provide a Social Work service that seeks to improve the health and wellbeing of Aspect clients within the context of local communities. Clients of the Aspect Service are over 18 years of age, finished in second level education, and have a primary diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome (A.S.)/ ASD Non-ID. The post holder will achieve this through the implementation of an accessible, equitable, person-centered service, based in the community.
The post holder will work within the Aspect Service; working as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering a coordinated approach to client support and intervention. S/he will act as the Designated Officer for Safeguarding for the Aspect Service. S/he will provide Social Work support to Aspect clients through an internal referral process, and will also be required to work as a Key Worker for individual clients, as agreed with the Manager/Assistant Manager of the Service. This includes responsibility for developing, planning, implementing and reviewing support/intervention programmes for clients according to service standards.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Essential: Must hold a qualification recognised by the Social Workers Registration Board at CORU.
- Essential: A minimum of one years’ experience working in the field of disability/mental health.
- A progressive understanding of ASD non-ID, including Asperger’s Syndrome/ High Functioning Autism.
- Demonstrate sufficient clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and evidence based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role, including the ability to apply knowledge to best practice.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Incorporate Social Work values and ethical principles in assessment, planning, developing, implementing and reviewing interventions
- Identify client’s individual and collective needs in partnership with them and co-create interventions and/or social action strategies to meet those needs.
- Collaborate with clients, their support networks, and members of the Aspect Team in support/ intervention planning, emotional/practical support, and information/resource sharing. This includes written and verbal collaboration with Aspect Team, including the Multi-Disciplinary Team within Aspect.
- Work in a confidential team working environment, which includes lone working arrangements. Typical working hours are between 8am – 6pm, Monday - Friday. Flexibility regarding evening and Saturday working is required.
- Attend training as deemed appropriate by the management of the service as and when required and to participate in continuing professional development including in-service training (ASD), attending and presenting at conferences/courses relevant to practice, promoting and contributing to research etc. as agreed with the Manager and/or Assistant Manager of the Service.
- Play a supporting role in the effective relationship and interaction with the service’s key stakeholders, particularly with the Aspect team, clients, their support networks, training agencies, educational services, and the HSE.
- Have a full, clean driving license, with a minimum of 1-year of experience is required.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Friday, 8th October 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer