A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Assistant Area Manager
Permanent Contract, 22.5 hours
The Assistant Area Manager will be responsible for assisting in the planning, development and implementation of high quality person-centered rehabilitative and vocational training programmes within their designated area. This is achieved through a combination of in-centre programmes, in-company training with local industry/enterprises and via blended learning methods.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Relevant professional qualification in BusinessAdministrationEducationSocial Science
- A recognised QQI/HETAC qualification in Supervisory Management would be an advantage
- Experience of working with staff in a supervisorymanagement capacity is advantageous
- Experience of working with people with a disability/additional support needs in a training environment
- Experience of managing projects and developing programmes and processes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Proven ability in successfully leading and managing change initiatives both internally and externally
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal colleagues and external agencies
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the overall management, on a continuous basis, of the training & development of all service users in accordance with agreed programmes
- Provide assistance and support in the the day-to-day management and administration of human resources including communications, motivation, training, development, health & safety, welfare etc
- Assist in managing the progress of each service user through the process including: recruitment, assessment, induction, and the IAPIPP process; ensuring that all relevant records and reports are kept confidential and current. Ensuring that any problems encountered by service users within the fields of health, education and welfare etc. are attended to in accordance with National Learning Network policy
- Assist in the implementation and management of all training programmes and achievement of training objectives. Advising on the revision and updating of programmes in accordance with Quality Standards and Certification requirements
- Ensure that appropriate mental health strategies are in place, at all times, to facilitate mental health gains for service users. Coordinate and liaise with external referring agencies, on a regular basis, to ensure an efficient two-way communications system exists
- Full driving licence is required
- High standard of accuracy and precision with excellent organisational skills.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong presentation and influencing skills; the ability to communicate effectively at management level
- Proven ability to act strategically and think tactically
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date 17th May 2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer