National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
21 Hours, Fixed term, 6 Months
The Assistant Psychologist is responsible for supporting students registered with NUI Galway’s Disability Support Service to ensure that they can maximise their learning outcomes and participate fully in their studies. The Assistant Psychologist’s caseload will primarily include students registered with a mental health diagnosis, or other complex needs; and will involve at times conducting needs assessments of study-related support requirements, providing individual and group mental health support and follow-up, and designing and delivering intervention programmes to facilitate independence in education and enhance the psychological health of students registered with the Disability Support Service.
The Assistant Psychologist will provide advice on mental health related matters to university staff; will contribute to the development and review of related policies to ensure compliance with legislation; and will also have a role in developing partnerships with colleagues in the NUI Galway community, both academic and professional, to promote an inclusive learning environment for all students, including those with disabilities.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- An honours degree in Psychology
- Further postgraduate qualification in relevant areas of psychology is desirable
- Current membership of Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Knowledge of the legislative framework within which the University is operating
- Experience of managing a varied case load
- Experience of responding proactively to crisis situations involving mental health issues
- Experience of working within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload and use resources effectively
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of students, with a focus primarily on students registered with mental health diagnosis, or complex needs; noting that caseload may extend to include students registered under other disability categories
- Facilitate and deliver support to students registered with a mental health condition or complex needs, including those in crisis, to help them realise their potential during their time at university, promoting the resilience and maintenance of positive mental health
- Deliver individual sessions and group workshops to students with mental health difficulties or complex needs, always ensuring compliance with professional standards and ethics
- Complete needs assessments as required for students registering with the Disability Support Service to assess student needs based on evidence of disability and put in place supports and reasonable accommodations appropriate to student need
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 18/01/22
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer