Servisource on behalf of our clients are currently seeking a BI Developer in Dublin 2
Financial Information System (FIS) is an ERP based on the Oracle EBusiness Suite of financial applications. Modules implemented include General Ledger;
Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable; Fixed Assets; Purchasing. The financial information
system is developed with Oracle EBS at the core of the solution within the FIS platform.
This Developer position is required to lead out on report development, system configuration,
application development, data extraction, migration and integration with new applications
and existing systems across the University.
The duties of the role, which requires a significant degree self-direction, initiative,
leadership/ownership in addition to collaborative team working, will include the following:
• Leading out on the creation of functional and technical design specifications based on
an analysis of user reporting requirements
• Managing the technical design and development of BI and EBS reports in consultation
with end users, the FIS team and other relevant stakeholders
• Review the reporting aspects of the system, fully managing issues encountered to
• Co-ordinating the required testing plans with relevant stakeholders
• Acting as Technical Lead and owner of:
o the Oracle BI suite of reports and also across the Oracle platform as a whole
and as required
o ETL processes, developing and/or coordinating activities and improvement
with the Manage Service Partner
o specific development projects on behalf of the FIS team, working with the
managed Service partner and other project-specific stakeholders
• Testing of developed software enhancements and bug fixes, both within the Oracle
platform and wider FIS applications
• Production, review and maintenance of required technical documentation and
• Development of interfaces between the E-Business suite and existing systems
• Integration of new applications with the new E-Business Suite and supporting the
existing integration aspects of the system
• Working closely with the FIS Team to achieve technical objectives in relation to
ongoing system development, configuration and reporting
• Other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the FIS Manager
The successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively and make a full
contribution as a senior member of the FIS Team, to relate to stakeholders at all levels,
demonstrating a sensitivity to academic issues and to influence people outside the spheres of
normal Financial Services Division and University activity.
Candidates must have:
• 3rd level degree (or higher) in an IT related area OR equivalent Oracle certification.
• At least three to five years’ relevant post-qualification experience, in an Oracle
development environment (Oracle EBS/ OBIA / OBIEE / ODI).
Knowledge and Experience:
The role requires well-developed business analysis skills and the capacity to understand
business processes and requirements, supported by essential technical skills and knowledge
(understanding) of the technology stack, from Operating System to application.
ERP BI implementation experience would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Extensive technical knowledge and experience in the design and development of
Oracle-based systems and in using the Oracle environment and tools.
• Experience of the Oracle E-Business Suite of applications, including Oracle EBS and the
data structures within Oracle, and the Data warehouse in the Oracle reporting suite.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience in the design and development of reports
and reporting environments using Oracle reporting tool, BI tools and ETL adaptors.
• An understanding of data structures, their inter-relationships and dependencies, and
how and from where this data is sourced.
• Experience of both Windows Server and Oracle Linux environments.
• Knowledge and experience of formal systems development methods, particularly in
the Oracle development environment.
• Exposure to formal project management methods.
• Knowledge of and experience in some or all of the following Oracle systems
o Oracle E-Business Suite o Oracle BI
o Oracle OBIEE o Oracle Analytics Cloud
o ETL (ODI)
• Knowledge of and experience in some or all of the following
o SQL o PL/SQL
o .NET o XML
including Apache, IIS, OAS, etc.
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong technical design skills, with a proactive approach to work and to solution
• Flexible and adaptable person with an ability and an interest to develop new skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build strong working relationships (with
colleagues and customers) and to work with multi-skilled teams
• A well-developed capacity to engage and support FIS stakeholders to analyse a
problem, identify and communicate a technical solution that meets the requirements
of the wider University community, and the Financial Service Division
• Ability to prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and
quality, and to work under pressure to resolve problems quickly
• Team player and ability to work on own initiative, owning and driving solutions to
• Implements processes, systems, and ways of working to facilitate and support the
achievement of strategic goals
• Develops work plans and manages resources to deliver within agreed timelines.
• Partners with key stakeholders, asking relevant questions to gain in-depth
understanding of stakeholder needs, checking, understanding and communicating
rationale for decisions
• Manages any dissatisfaction with service and works with stakeholders to resolve
• Builds relationships across functions and understands the interdependencies across
the University, manages demands of different functions, and resourcing to achieve
• Drives a collaborative approach to deliver high standards of stakeholder management
and to ensure seamless delivery of goals
• Communicates complex information clearly, concisely, and persuasively, cascading
information and regularly communicating with team to clarify goals and activities to
deliver to plan
• Resolves issues using numerous ambiguous/conflicting sources of information where
the optimal solution is not obvious, assessing risk and implications of several options
when deciding or supporting others to make an appropriate decision
• Stays focussed on critical problems until they are successfully resolved, collaborating
with colleagues to solve problems and make decisions
• Takes key business drivers into consideration when making decisions e.g. impact,
budget, developing work and project plans accordingly
Contract Term: 5 year contract
Grade/Salary: Administrative Officer 2 €63.1k-€81.6k
If you wish to apply for this role please feel free to send your updated CV to [email protected] quoting the job order number JO-2211-505927