Biosafety Laboratory Supervisor | Mayo
- Leading Pharma Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking an experienced Biosafety Laboratory Supervisor for a Biologics Department based in Mayo.
Reporting to the Biosafety & Cell Based Assay Department Manager this role shall be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the CBA team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Responsible for providing feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from CBA clients to Biosafety & CBA Department where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project leader in research for technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Biosafety & CBA Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports in liaison with the Quality Department.
- Raw data review
- Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc. are retained and archived according to Charles River Laboratories SOP’s.
- Responsible for preparing ‘Presentations’ and the delivery of same to the Biosafety & CBA Department team and to Clients as required.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Lead projects for validation of new equipment in liaison with the relevant supporting departments (e.g. Validation Department).
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment is maintained in appropriate working conditions
- Responsible for purchasing new equipment, spare/replacement parts
- Responsible for maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team
- Scheduling daily tasks to analysts, ensuring that appropriate workload is not exceeded.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Biosafety Lab Supervisor position:
- MSc in a relevant science discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology)
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Experience in study design, assay development, optimization, ICH analytical validation and project management.
- Experience in equipment validation highly desirable.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in cell culture/aseptic technique and cell based methods (e.g. Cell passaging, freezing and thawing, potency assays) essential
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative
For more information about this Biosafety Lab Supervisor position or other opportunities, contact Angela Haran at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the life sciences, pharmaceutical, construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors