The Business Studies and IT Instructor is responsible for the training and development of Learners in accordance with the agreed local training programme specifications, together with the day-to-day running and maintenance of all aspects of the training programmes The Instructor assists Learners with additional support needs in exploring their future career and educational direction and in making realistic vocational choices with a view to progressing to further education/employment
The Business Studies and IT Instructor will be responsible for all aspects of module delivery, co-ordination and facilitation in respect of the NLN Castlerea, Co. Roscommon Level 5 Business Studies & IT Programme. This is a Blended Learning Programme and will allow for the instructor to work remotely for part of the week as agreed with the centre manage.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification, preferably within the Education/Training Social Sciences sector,
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualification - Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as a minimum
- Information Technology Qualification QQI Level 6 as a minimum, skills and delivery.
- A number of years relevant occupational experience of working with learners in educational, guidance and/or developmental contexts
- Experience in working in a mental health related area is an advantage
- Experience in delivering QQI Level 5 certification and accreditation processes
- Experience in delivering ICDL (ECDL) certification and accreditation processes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the co-ordination, delivery and assessment of Level 5 QQI modules including the subject areas of, Information Processing, eBusiness, Customer Service, Business Administration, Communications, Information & Communication Systems, Word Processing, The Internet, Database Methods, Spreadsheets, Web Authoring, Desktop Publishing and Work Experience.
- Assist in the co-ordination, delivery and assessment of ICDL (ECDL) The Digital Skills Standard modules including the subject areas of Computer Essentials, Presentations, Word Processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, Online Essentials, Online Collaboration, IT Security, Image Editing – modules not exclusive to this list.
- Mentor learners by example, individual meetings and direct training, to choose the correct timetable, develop and maintain effective work attitudes and behaviours in each learner, and provide learners with adequate and constructive feedback about their progress.
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, maintaining all records required for effective monitoring of the learner’s progress
- Full Driving Licence and Own Transport
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: [12/01/2022]
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer