Care 24-7, part of the Servisource Group, are seeking to recruit a Care Manager to be based in the Bradford / Leeds area.
Care 24-7 provides care and support services to adults in the Bradford and Leeds Districts. The Care Manager will be responsible for ensuring high quality care and support services are provided to enable people to remain in their own home, living a fulfilled life, which respects their diversity, culture and values.
The potential candidate will be responsible for all elements of staff management including training, development, supervision, support, coaching and mentoring. They will also be responsible for providing consistent, safe, and effective care which treats people with compassion, dignity and respect, being the first point of contact for people who use our services, for families and external agencies.
Duties of the role will include but not limited to;
Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Manage the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures.
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day-to-day management and delivery of care.
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field.
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the service.
- Implement quality management and improvement systems within your area of responsibility. This includes performing investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements.
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service and participate in out of office hours on a rota basis as required by the service offered.
- Work co-operatively with other team members to ensure company values and behaviours as well as service standards are met.
Provide a good service to people who use our services
- Promote the rights and values of each person and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support.
- Ensure that prior to each service commencing, a support assessment and risk assessment has been drawn up with the person and/or their chosen representative.
- Make sure a written support plan has been created and agreed, that respects the person’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks.
- Provide the person and/or their chosen representative with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect, any costs and how to raise a concern.
- Ensure the support plan and associated risk assessments are reviewed as planned or earlier if circumstances change.
- Apply excellent communication skills with the person, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals.
- Make sure people who use our service are safe by responding to any incident or alerts and ensure compliance with Company and national safeguarding policies.
Lead and manage staff
- Effectively induct and train staff at all levels to maintain high standards of care delivery through observations of work, mentoring and coaching. Identify on-going training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice.
- Implement Company policies and procedures in relation to managing staff e.g. managing absence, disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Provide information, guidance, and support to enable staff to carry out their roles effectively and safely. This includes supervisions, appraisals, and meetings.
- Participate in hands on care, working with, leading, and coaching the care team.
- Be aware of your duty and responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others, taking particular care of vulnerable people under the Health and Safety at Work Act and co-operate in meeting statutory requirements.
Promote the Business
- Develop relationships with key professionals in the local area presenting a positive Company image.
- Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the Registered and others to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget.
- Act on the behalf of the Registered Manager in their absence seeking advice and support as required.
- Conform to the UKHCA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Education to A Level standard or equivalent
- Health and Safety qualification/training
- IT qualification/training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive, compassionate working relationships with people who use services.
- Ability to plan, manage time and organise workloads effectively.
- Good administrative skills and computer literacy.
- Strong leader with experience of managing a dispersed workforce and developing an effective staff team including induction, training, supporting and supervising staff.
- Good understanding of the principles of high-quality person-centred care and support and non-discriminatory practice.
- Understanding of the regulatory responsibilities relating to domiciliary care services.
- Knowledge of health and safety matters in particular health and social care and risk management.
- Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures.
- Experience of managing finances or responsibility for managing a budget.
- Flexibility to ensure the safe delivery of the service and participate in out of office hours on a rota basis as required by the service offered.
- Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Full drivers’ licence with no more than 6 points and must have own transport with Class 1 business insurance.
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Up-to-date training record of the 15 core standards of the care certificate and competencies
- Knowledge of quality assurance and performance management
- Experience of working with other professional bodies/organisations
- Experience of care services, risk assessment and person-centred care and support
- Training and Development Programmes including Diploma in Health & Social Care L5
- Vibrant Sports & Social Club
- Maternity and Paternity Leave Benefits
- Excellent Holiday Entitlements
- Commission and Bonus Schemes
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Pension Scheme
- Optional Health Insurance Scheme
- Christmas Savings Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Further Education Scheme
- Volunteering Time Off Scheme
Our Core Values are an integral part of our organisational culture and exist to ensure that we deliver the very best service. The ideal candidate would possess the ability to understand, demonstrate and apply our Core Values.
- Dignity and respect
- Commitment to quality care and support
- Learning and reflection
- Working together
If you would like to apply, please email an updated cv to [email protected] quoting the Job Order number JO-2108-474216 in the subject bar.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence
*Due to the nature of the business, management reserves the right to amend the job description in line with the needs of the business and current economic climate*