A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Relief Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Sligo Supported Accommodation
6-month contract, various hours
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs. We are creating a panel to fill Relief Care Worker vacancies in our services to cover staff on leave including holidays, maternity leave etc. These vacancies could be for part time, relief hours, fixed term or temporary positions.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Understand the principles of care and how to put them into practice.
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Physical and Sensory Disability, Epilepsy and Mental Health.
- Full Clean Driving license.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employerBottom of Form
Closing Date: 18/06/2021