A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Kilcummin Residential Service,
Killarney, Co Kerry
Fixed Term Contract – 6 months, 12 Hours
To provide an individualised service to Adults with a diagnosis of intellectual disability in an environment which values and respects the rights of the person in line with The National Standards for Adult Safeguarding.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar setting
- Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management.
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual Disability, and Epilepsy
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure safe transportation of clients, by adhering to policy and procedure and the use of all safety equipment as appropriate.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Thursday, 24th June 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer