A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Listowel Accommodation Service,
Listowel, County Kerry
Permanent Contract, 36 hours
To provide a personal care service to individuals with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Difficulties within a high support residential service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with challenging behaviors and an environment that fosters community based living, personal development and social inclusion. To assist an individual with activities of daily living under the guidance of relevant therapist. To provide ongoing support to an individual to achieve their goals
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals with Autism, Mental Health and Intellectual Disability.
- Experience in the provision of community and service based programmes and activities to promote independence and meet the needs, choices and abilities of clients
- Ability to develop and maintain support /care plans and provide required support and care to clients on an individual person centered basis, in line with the client’s requests and wishes in a respectful and dignified manner to ensure that clients are leading their service of care
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Hold a full, clean driving license
- Be flexible in terms of working hours and days such as sleepovers/ waking nights, evening and weekend work.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15th September 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer