Care Worker for Knocklofty Residential Service – Clonmel, Co Tipperary
Permanent Contract, 19.5 Hours
To facilitate a client centred residential service to adults with disabilities & complex health needs that include, Epilepsy, Intellectual Disability and Physical & Sensory disabilities.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
- Experience of supporting people with disabilities in a person focused approach to service delivery
- Experience of working within a HIQA registered service
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual, Disability, and Epilepsy and Positive Mental Health is desirable
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources
- To comply with Health and Safety and safeguarding legislation.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Full Clean Drivers Licence is essential
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20th November 2019.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer