Care Worker for Prader Willi Syndrome Service – Foxrock, Co Dublin
Permanent, 39 Hours
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, Prader Willi Syndrome, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Parkinson’ Disease
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent
- Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management
- Work Experience not essential but would be a distinct advantage
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual, Disability, Epilepsy and Downs Syndrome
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources
- Full Clean Drivers Licence is essential
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Monday, 30th September 2019
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer