A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community
Doon Residential Service,
Tralee, Co Kerry
Permanent Contract, 35 hours
To promote the development of independent living skills, and to assist service users in their daily living within a supported accommodation service, ensuring their safety and well – being at all times.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level graduate, Health & Social Care or equivalent is desirable
- Previous experience of working with people with a disability.
A clear understanding of the philosophy of independent living and community integration will be required to be demonstrated.
- Experience of working with service users in a community environment
- Experience of facilitating a person centred plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure all interaction with clients is approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporates choice
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- To document information, update records, and complete necessary paperwork for communication and accountability purposes.
- To work within the stated policies and procedures of RehabCare
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- To participate in creating a nurturing and supportive environment for service users.
- Full clean drivers licence
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 3rd November 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer