Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Limerick Children’s Respite Service,
Patrickswell, County Limerick
Permanent Contract, 25 hours
To provide a personal care service to children aged 8 to 18 years old with Autism and Mental Health Difficulties within a high support Respite service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with behaviors that challenge and an environment that fosters community based respite, personal development and social inclusion
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level graduate in Health & Social Care, or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 months experience.
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual Disability, Mental Health and Epilepsy.
- Know how to do the job safely and not put yourself, colleagues or the supported individuals at risk.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and actively get involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect and equality and incorporating choice
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Friday, 31st December 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer