A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Care Worker P&S
Douglas Supported Accommodation,
Permanent Contract, 19 hours
To provide support to service users living in a residential setting in the community.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health Care
- Candidates should have a minimum of 1 years’ experience of working in a residential care setting
- Experience of working to support persons with a disability
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of ADHD, LD and Mental Health difficulties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver a programme of creative skills , to include Art and Craft and other areas of creativity to service users in accordance with their wishes.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Actively promote and encourage service uses to participate in their local community enabling them to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Sunday, 27th September 2020.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer