Civils Project Manager | Wexford
- One of Ireland’s Top 5 Tier 1 Main Contractors with Significant Annual Turnover
- Excellent Career Progression Opportunities along with a Generous Package
- Exposure to Large, Interesting and Prestigious Projects.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Civils Project Manager ideally with solid Main Contractor/specialist Civils Contractors experience to join one of Irelands’ leading Tier 1 Main Contractors working nationwide and internationally. As a Project Manager, you will gain exposure to prestigious projects on large civil infrastructure projects.
Become a Project Manager with a leading Irish and International specialist in construction and infrastructure with an outstanding reputation in the market on large scale construction projects. This position would come with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for professional development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with Director. They must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
- As a Project Manager you must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
- Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards
- The Project Manager will manage day to day operational duties
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development
Necessary Skills & Requirements:
- An Engineering/Construction Management/Project Management Degree required.
- Minimum 10 years experienced in the Heavy Civils and Infrastructure development sector, preferably in a Main Contractor environment.
- Minimum 6 years management experience required - preferably at Senior Level overseeing critical infrastructure projects including the power transmission sector.
- A foundation in Lean Management concepts in a construction or consulting engineering setting
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt would be desirable
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Power Project etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
For more information about this role or others, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment
on +353 1 687 7188/+353 86 385 1651 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry