Experienced Clinical Nurse Manager required for a Nursing Home in Dublin. There are two positions available, one in North Dublin and one in South Dublin.
Requirements for this Clinical Nurse Manager in Dublin:
• A registered General Nurse or Psychiatric Nurse on the Register of Nurses held by the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland or be entitled to be so registered
• Evidence of continuous professional development/ studying towards completion of a post graduate diploma in a speciality or management related field.
• Management/Leadership qualification.
• Must have a minimum of three years’ relevant experience in the previous six years and have (or commit to undertaking) a post graduate qualification in Gerontology.
have at least 3 years appropriate and relevant experience in the previous six years
• Have an in-depth knowledge of the ageing process
Desirable qualities of the Clinical Nurse Manager in Dublin:
• Post Graduate Diploma in Gerontology or equivalent qualification.
• IT skills
• Experience in psycho geriatric nursing care/psychiatry/adult disabled
Responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Manager in Dublin:
• In the absence of the Care Manager and Assistant Care Manager, undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, Nurses Act; Health (Nursing Homes) Act, 1990; Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Acts, 1989, 2005 and (General Applications) Regulations, 2007; related regulations and the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards
• Oversee the organisation of the multi-disciplinary care team
• Co-ordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement
• Oversee the orientation of all new care and nursing staff to Cowper Care
• Be responsible for the management of care staff and appropriate dealing with human resource issues
• Be actively involved with the Care Manager/Assistant Care Manager in facilitating the effective induction, orientation, supervision and assessment of staff ensuring training needs are identified and met.
• Responsible for ensuring that a sufficient number of competent nursing/care staff are on duty at all times having regard to the dependency of residents within our home and to staffing policies. This may require working in place of a missing staff member to ensure complete cover of a shift including working at night and weekends.
• Responsible for setting high standards and maintaining staff discipline.
If you have the required qualifications and experience, please send your updated CV to Nicola: [email protected], quoting reference number: JO-1912-442205 in the subject bar of the email.