A commitment to living the organizational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehab care, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Community Support Worker
Dundalk Resource Centre
Dundalk, Co Louth.
Permanent Contract, 34 hours
To assist in the delivery of a quality client focused service to clients with various disabilities accessing the community.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in the Community and Resource Centre Services.
- Experience of working with people with ID and various disabilities.
- Working 1:1 with in the community with support from Programme Supervisor and Community Services Manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community ensuring best practice in line with up to date research regarding improving people Quality of Life.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
- To ensure all interaction with service users is approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporates choice
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- Full clean driving license
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 11th August 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer