A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for an experienced Community Service Manager to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Community Service Manager
Castlebar Resource Centre
Castlebar, Co Mayo
Fixed Term Contract 6 months, 39 hours
Responsible for the operational management and ongoing development of day services supporting adults with intellectual, physical and sensory disabilities and ASD. The Community Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for the management and development of day resource and outreach. The CSM supports and manages the Programme Supervisors and services. The day services are committed to supported self-directed living (based on Social Role Valorisation Theory), a person-centred approach and in line with New Directions HSE Policy.
We are looking for candidates who are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families, in a person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our core values and national standards, and underpinned by quality, best practice and research to support those who use our services to live their best lives.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level qualification in health and social care is essential with or working towards a management element.
- Experience in the strategic planning, development and delivery of a wide range of client focused health and social care services with proven experience of leading and motivating a team with excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, logistical and management skills; and the ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal colleagues.
- Experience of budget management and control with strong IT skills.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in management or supervisory role in the area of health or social care.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To line manage plan, develop, implement, and manage appropriate personal development, health, educational, recreational, and occupational programmes within the Resource Centre, in consultation with clients and the Staff team, and as directed, advised, and guided by senior management.
- To facilitate the mainstream inclusion of service users into the community whenever, and wherever possible, as a core and guiding principle of all service delivery, reflecting New Directions.
- To plan and develop any other service development proposals as appropriate within the area as directed, for example, home support, respite care and being proactive in the development of new and innovative initiative / activities / and programmes for and in consultation with the service users.
- Be action orientated; enjoying working hard and seeking challenges with an ability to act and react as required, even in circumstances of limited/incomplete information.
- Be flexible regarding working hours and travel in order to meet the operational needs of the service and organisation.
- Participate in an on-call rota, as required.
- Flexibly adapt to take on other reasonable duties/projects if required by the ISM.
- Full driving licence with own vehicle
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Friday, 1st October 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer