A commitment to living the values of Teamwork, Respect, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality.
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Community Support Worker
Rapla Rise Residential Service
Nenagh, Co Tipperary.
Permanent Contract, 35 hours
To assist in the delivery of individualized community support to a number of individuals with intellectual, physical and mental health challenges. Supporting individuals to be valued members of their local communities. Supporting individuals to optimize their emotional, social, occupational, and learning experiences, through programmes within the service & community
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Experience in the area of supporting individuals with intellectual, physical and mental health challenges.
- Knowledge and experience of local community resources is highly desirable
- Experience in supporting community independence
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community ensuring best practice in line with up to date research regarding improving people Quality of Life.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
- To enshrine the concept of independent living by supporting service users to integrate in to their local community and access local resources.
- Full clean driving license is essential
- A flexible person centered system will operate
- Lone Working
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 26th January 2022
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer