Community Support Worker
Listowel Outreach Service,
Permanent Contract, 20 hours
The purpose of the job is to promote and support independent living and community integration personal development and work opportunities for service users. To assist the Community Services Manager in the development, implementation and delivery of quality customer focused and cost effective community services to service users at an appropriate time and setting. This includes the provision of individual programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service-users,
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working in the Community
- Experience of working 1:1 in the community
- Understanding and knowledge of intellectual, physical and or mental health disability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community.
- To ensure best practice in line with up to date research regarding Quality of Life improvements.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
- To ensure all interaction with service users is approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporates choice
- Full Clean Driving Licence and access to a car for business purposes is required
- To promote and be actively involved in teamwork at all times.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Community Services Manager
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Thursday, 20th January 2020.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer