A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Course Tutor- Career Traineeship in Software Development
NLN, Letterkenny, Donegal
Fixed Term Contract, 30 Hours per week
Tutors shall be responsible for the training and development of all learners on their programme in accordance with the agreed programme specification (PS), together with the day-to-day management and maintenance of all aspects of the programme. Tutors shall also be responsible for sourcing appropriate work placement sites and supporting learners on placement including liaising closely with employers.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A relevant technical qualification as a minimum one step higher than the certification awarded on this programme and have the NUI Certificate in Training and Continuing Education or an approved equivalent (e.g. Train the Tutor Level 6)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in delivering accredited training on the National Framework of Qualifications in the software development sector with a relevant training body associated with theSoftware development industry
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the software development sector.
- At least two years management/supervisory experience in the software development sector is desirable
- Experience of facilitating and implementing of individualised learning plans
- Ability to manage a training environment
- Ability to develop individual learning plans with learners to support progression plans
- Ability to meet KPIs in relation to certification targets
- Ability to motivate learners
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula across specified modules, maintaining all records required for effective monitoring of the learners progress
- As a key member of the team, evaluate the progression needs of each learner and produce a profile of those need
- Source appropriate work placement sites, support learners throughout their placement and liaise closely with employers
- Carry out his/her work of training provision and course administration under the guidance of the management of National Learning Network and co-operate fully with other personnel including the Programme Development Officer, other Tutors and relevant stakeholders such as Donegal ETB as required
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Team orientated
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Interest in continuous improvement
- Community knowledge
- Flexibility required as part of day to day duties in the role
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Interviews for this position will take place on 8th July.
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: 01.07.20