JWR are working with a leading Technology distribution company located in Mayo to recruit a Retail Credit Specialist.
The function of this role is to assist the credit management department to maximise sales whilst protecting the business from unnecessary commercial risk as well as ensuring the timely collection of balances owing to the company.
This role will report to the Retail Credit Team Lead and will be part of a larger credit management team in the finance department. The role will offer an ambitious candidate an opportunity to learn and progress in a large credit and finance department in a fast-growing global distribution company. The role is based onsite in modern, open plan offices and offers a competitive salary and benefits including Private health Insurance and pension.
- Management of large value/volume high profile customers
- Proactively work high volume and/or high value customer deductions to remove negative cash flow implication and risk to the business,
- Drive query resolution through close liaison with all other internal departments, customers and vendors as appropriate,
- Effective communication with all customers through portals, email and phone,
- Reconcilation & clear down of high-volume accounts to reduce ageing,
- Production of account status reports for overview to major stakeholders
- Some credit risk analysis to include review and interpretation of credit reports,
- Some management of credit limits in line with credit policy & credit insurance policy guidelines,
- Audit Claims from customers – review for payment or rejection,
- Attend off-site meetings, as appropriate, for dispute resolution purposes,
- Actively participate in recurring and special projects, as necessary,
- Support the annual audits,
- Ad hoc duties as assigned,
Skills and Experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced excel skills & good working knowledge of Outlook,
- Numerate with an excellent ability to analyse large data sets,
- Problem solving skills and thinking outside the box is a prerequisite ,
- Excellent organisational and time management skills is vital,
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential,
- Ability to work as part of a hard working team