Servisource Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Cultural Programme Manager to manage the delivery of a programme/event in Dubai running from October 2020 to April 2021.
Please be advised the successful candidate must be available to re-locate to Dubai from October 2020 – April 2021.
Salary AED – 19,000 – 25,000 per month plus bonus at end of contract
Working Hours – Monday to Sunday (rota based) 40 hours per week
Reporting to the senior management team, the Cultural Programme Manager will support and implement the overall artistic and strategic vision of the cultural programme/event. The Cultural Programme Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all cultural events on site, as well as for performances by Irish artists at venues around the event. The Cultural Programme may consist of any creative or interpretative expression (whether traditional or contemporary) in any form covered under the Arts Act 2003, along with educational, scientific, and sporting events.
Successful applicants will have demonstrated leadership experience in the arts and cultural sector, as well the hands-on technical and logistical experience required to deliver an intensive events programme. Excellent organisational, communications and interpersonal skills are critical, as well as flexibility and adaptability.
- Supporting and implementing the overall artistic and strategic vision of the events 2020 cultural programme.
- Liaising with all participants in the programme, engaged under the Open Call process or otherwise, to ensure smooth delivery of their work at the event in Dubai
- Working with members of the team to provide required technical and logistical support to all elements of the programme. This may include but is not limited to: sound and lighting support, venue set up, and management of travel, accommodation, shipping and insurance issues.
- Liaising with the event authorities and production teams to facilitate performances by Irish artists at venues around the venue.
- Devising and producing additional programme elements, as agreed with the senior management team, to form part of Ireland’s ‘Be Inspired’ programme.
- Engaging with the Irish and local community in the UAE to explore opportunities for creative partnerships with Irish artists.
Required qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a management or leadership role in the arts, with excellent understanding of programme management.
- Experience of producing cultural performance and events, including ability to operate simple sound and lighting systems.
- Knowledge of a broad range of artistic disciplines.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Ireland and Irish culture and creativity, and the Irish arts sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among team members and stakeholders.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to use initiative when required.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to multiple deadlines.
- Fluent English; knowledge of Irish, Arabic and other languages an advantage.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you, please apply with your CV today to [email protected]