JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Warehouse Operator. This role will be based in Galway.
The Warehouse Operator is responsible for the effective control of all receiving process, incoming inspection, goods organisation and generation of relevant documentation for the shipment of goods, invoicing and financial stock reconciliations and maintaining the incoming/shipping area in accordance with GMP requirements.
Working Hours & Shifts:
Full time - Day Shift- Monday to Thursday - 7am-5.15pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform receipt of all incoming shipments, transfer all stock items to incoming inspection and notify relevant owners of receipt of non-stock items.
- Perform relevant incoming inspections and record the receipt of same and the system. Transfer of all stock items to the correct location in the warehouse.
- Support the inventory control system as per the quality system. Ensure accuracy of inventory through cycle counting effective location management and accurate record keeping.
- Organise the shipment of finished product, samples, and equipment through packing for safe transportation. To prepare and issue all relevant documentation, as stated in the quality system.
- Preparation of customs documentation where required and ensuring shipments (incoming or outgoing) are on-time and complete, to customer door.
- Organise and support the movement of product to and from the manufacturing areas of the plant.
- Organise and support the movement of product to and from the contract sterilisers, ensure accuracy and accountability of shipping documentation and that the integrity of sterile and non-sterile product is maintained.
- Support the invoicing for all goods in/out through the department & invoicing from Design & Development Galway site ensuring that all reconciliations are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain incoming/shipping areas to a high level of GMP, housekeeping and safety.
- Resolution of queries from customers, couriers etc in relation to shipments, documentation, invoicing etc.
- Monitor warehouse/production consumables, maintain a buffer to ensure no ‘stock-outs’ and re-order where necessary. Actively work to minimise stock adjustments through effective warehouse control and procedure implementation.
- Transfer components into production (using FIFO) ensuring that production do not have ‘stock outs’
Education and Experience:
- Experience in a shipping/warehouse environment, preferably in a medical device/pharmaceutical organisation or 3 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Preferable (but not essential) to have a forklift license.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of diverse activities simultaneously.
- Self starter with good organisational, motivational and inter-personal skills and the ability to follow standardised procedures where applicable.
- Must be able to demonstrate IT proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and the use of the Internet.