JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Finance Assistant. This role will be based in Sligo.
The role will entail dealing with all aspects of accounts from accounts payable/receivable invoicing to reporting to the parent group.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an existing Finance Assistant/Part-Qualified Accountant as the role offers excellent exposure across the business. Ideally you will be a qualified Accounting Technician or a Part-Qualified Accountant and have previously worked in a similar role. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will be given the necessary training and development opportunities to grow and develop your career within the business.
Hours of work: (Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable - processing invoices, preparation and posting of payments, reconciling supplier accounts and liaising with suppliers in relation to any queries
- Accounts Receivable - preparing invoices, reconciling customer accounts, issuing statements and liaising with customers
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Analysis, Costing and Review of monthly stock counts
- Preparation of VAT, Intrastat and VIES returns
- Monthly accounts preparation and general ledger management
- Assist with the annual budget
- Assist with annual external audit and audit queries
- Prepare and submit various reports to the parent company
- Provide support and assistance to the finance manager as required
- Any ad hoc reports and general admin duties
- Qualified Accounting Technician or a Part-Qualified Accountant
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Strong IT skills and proficient across the MS Office suite particularly in Excel
- Have an ability to multitask and prioritise workload with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A team player who will work closely with all departments in the company
- Willing to take initiative and contribute to the efficiency of the department
- Knowledge of Pegasus desirable but not essential