Trócaire works in partnership with local and church organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
A temporary Fundraising & Marketing assistant role in the Philanthropy /Major Donors unit has become available in Trócaire’s Fundraising and Marketing Team – voted Ireland’s Fundraising team of the Year in 2019.
The Fundraising and Marketing function within the Ireland Division in Trócaire is responsible for raising income from the public in Ireland, increasing awareness and understanding of Trócaire and engaging donors and potential supporters in our work.
The Philanthropy unit is responsible for the stewardship of existing Major donors to Trócaire and growing new donor recruitment at Major donor level from individuals, corporates and religious orders
Reporting to the Senior Philanthropy Advisor, this is a specific time contract of 6 months and is based in Maynooth with blended work from home.
Safeguarding Programme Participants Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Supporting nurture programme of existing Major Donors
• Stewardship of current and new donors by telephone and in person
• Responsible for all thank you letters
• Responsibility for logistics of mailings; personalised letters and direct mailing.
• Liaison with external print and fulfilment houses
• Supporting logistics of events as required: invitations, scheduling etc
• Salesforce management
• Data Hygiene and management of data on Salesforce
• Content gathering for reports
• Administration of grants and donor advised funds
• General research work
• Administrative support for major gifts team
• General admin support to team
• Processing invoices for Major Gifts team
• Such other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
(E) Qualification Third level or equivalent
(E) Experience Strong experience in administration and relationship building environments
(E) Skills • Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are essential
• Experienced Salesforce user
• Attention to detail & accuracy.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Proven ability to work on own initiative.
• Problem solving – ability to resolve queries/complaints as and when they arise.
• Innovation – ability to identify and introduce new work processes and methodologies where practicable.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
(E) Qualities Enthusiastic about overseas development and a keen interest in the mission of Trócaire
• Energy and drive
• Willingness to learn
• Flexibility (some rare occasions of evening work relating to events may be required)
(E) Other An informed understanding of Trócaire’s work, both in the developing world and at home in Ireland.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 5th October 2021