Servisource on behalf of our clients are currently seeking a General Manager in Carlingford Co. Louth.
My client is the leading adventure centre and adventure family in Ireland, based in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland, just 1hr from Dublin & Belfast. Family owned for over 30 years they now provide over 40 adventure activities and a 350 bed hostel, with over 100 staff at peak times. They are looking for the right person to sustain the growth of the business and lead them into new adventures.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the commercial & operations functions, as per the organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to centre operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints and overseeing service recovery and improvement procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the centre's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability, ensuring revenue and client satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the business, Directors and management.
- Deliver budget goals and set other short and long-term strategic goals for the business.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
- Closely monitor business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Activities, Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General are on target and accurate.
- Create new revenue streams.
- Maximizing room/activity yield and maximise revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Coordination with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Manage and develop the Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning and making sure plan gets delivered, with amendments as necessary.
- Assisting in management of operations, sales & housekeeping when required and development of a strong focus on leadership and teamwork.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Build & develop powerful Sales channels with all clients with a focus on growing the business.
- Oversee all aspects of the Day-to-day management of The Adventure Centre & SkyPark.
- Build and develop Team Line management, onboarding and overall staff training.
Candidates must have:
- Have successfully graduated with a relevant degree / other relevant qualification.
- Experience in the management & customer experience of a large hospitality venue or tourism attraction.
- The ideal candidate will have great presence and an infectious personality.
- Good ability to manage all cost controls.
- Experience of staff training, rotas, financial reporting, stock control and ordering.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including events & special customer categories.
- Good ability to handle pressurized situations and busy periods.
- Flexible, Innovative and Adaptable.
If you wish to apply for this role please feel free to send your updated CV to [email protected] quoting the job order number JO-2111-480791