Servisource Recruitment in partnership with Video Doc are currently recruiting General Practitioners across Ireland and the UK.
If you would like to earn extra money while working from home or on the go then this role could be for you ...
The role of a Convenient Care Doctor will be to provide high-quality, safe, compassionate and efficient care to meet the needs of our patients through online consultations.
You will be responsible for contributing towards a positive patient and clinician experience on Online. You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and Medical Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a doctor you will be required to provide video / audio consultations and respond to health and wellbeing needs of our patients
- You are expected to exercise good clinical judgement and put patient safety first in the management of patients on the telehealth platform
- You must, always, be satisfied that a telehealth service is appropriate and safe for the management of the patient. If you believe a physical examination may provide additional information, the patient should be advised of this and referred appropriately
- Whilst providing these online consultations, you will be required to follow videoDoc’s clinical guidelines and work within the scope of service, whilst keeping best practice in mind.
- You will be required to inform each patient of the limitations of telehealth, as well as relevant safety netting, red flags and follow-ups (if required) for every consultation
- Attend and participate in fortnightly clinical meetings and ad hoc as required
Case notes should comply with best practice with the addition of extra annotation associated with the safe provision of telemedicine
- If a patient does not have a primary GP, you should recommend that they register with one as per the Irish Medical Council guidelines
- In general, it is expected that each consultation and discharge would be like general practice e.g. 15 minutes
- At the end of each consultation, the patient is presented with a satisfaction survey should they wish to complete same; you should aim for the highest standard to be reflected in same.
- To work collaboratively with the Chief Operating Officer and Medical Director on all aspects of clinical quality
- Participate in training both in the management of the digital interface and in providing the extra safety features associated with digital consultations
- Provide evidence of continuing medical education
- Keep up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medications
- At all times, you should maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- Perform ad hoc non-clinical tasks from time to time
- Advocate for telehealth and best practice
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years working in a general practice
- A member of the ICGP and/or RCGP, or member of recognised College of General Practitioners
- A minimum of 3 years on the specialist registrar (where applicable)
- Registered with the Irish Medical Council
- Registered with the General Medical Council (desirable)
- A degree in medicine, recognised by the General Medical Council (GMC)
- A two-year foundation course of general training
- Specialist training in general practice.
- Current and up-to-date training on the safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong IT skills
Organised, detail-oriented, accurate and thorough
- A passion for providing healthcare in new and innovative ways
- You need to live in Ireland or the UK
So, If you would like to earn extra money while working from home or on the go then send me an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact Aileen McCann on 0429368318.
Rates of pay
€65 per hour
£70 sterling per hour in the UK