National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Head of Department – Roslyn College
Fixed term 12 months, 36 hours
The Head of Department at Roslyn College is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of high quality person-centred vocational training and rehabilitation programmes within their designated area. This is achieved through a combination of in-centre programmes, in-company training with local industry/enterprises and via distance learning.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A degree or equivalent in a management/business and/or training/ educational/social science discipline.
- Full, driving licence with 2 years’ experience is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Planning, Forecasting and Decision Support activities.
- Competence to support, develop and motive a large team.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Experience of managing diverse business models is essential.
- Experience of working in a quality focused training environment.
- Experience in managing, leading and developing a multidisciplinary team – strong people management skills are essential.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall management, on a continuous basis, of the training & development of all service users in order to achieve agreed programmes outcomes.
- Manage the progress of each service user through the process including recruitment, assessment, induction, and the IAP process in order to meet current and future requirements of each service user within agreed timelines to meet their goals and objectives.
- Ensure the implementation and management of all training programmes and achievement of training objectives and advising on the revision and updating of programmes in order to ensure that compliance is adhered to in accordance with Quality Standards and Certification requirements.
- Liaise on a regular basis with external agencies including relevant HSE, ETB, DSP, Employers etc. in order to achieve set targets, maximise service user numbers and achieve contractual outcomes
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 05/01/21
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer