On behalf of our client, Servisource are currently seeking a Head of Internal Audit to be based in Newbridge on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will report to the Risk and Audit Committee with an administrative reporting line to the Company Secretary and General Counsel and will manage an efficient and effective Internal Audit function that complies with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies and provide a value-added service to the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a best-in-class Internal Audit function that provides an efficient, effective and value-adding Internal Audit service to the company including consultancy support, corporate governance advisory, value for money auditing and resource development.
- Utilise Lean practices and available technologies to ensure the Internal Audit processes are operating efficiently, effectively and in line with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies;
- Development of the Internal Audit Plan to address key risks areas within the company.
- Responsible for co-ordination with co-sourced Internal Audit providers to ensure the timely implementation of this plan and regular monitoring through visual management techniques and management of the Internal Audit and co-sourced team.
- Identify changes in risks, processes etc.
- Manage the Risk and Audit Committee reporting process.
- Communicate with the Committee on a regular basis
- Manage the issues tracking escalation process and prepare reporting for the Risk and Audit Committee regarding issues which require their attention.
- Ensure all reporting to the Risk and Audit Committee is in line with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team, Management, Chief Risk Officer, co-sourced Internal Auditors, External Auditors and Consultants to ensure that the risks to the Business are effectively identified and managed.
- Build effective relationships with these key stakeholders
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s).
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's objectives;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Level 8 Degree and / or Masters in Business or related discipline;
- Qualified Accountant;
- Professional Internal Auditing qualification;
- 5 years’ post qualification experience;
- Previous experience managing an Internal Audit function;
- Strong IT skills including use of TeamMate system & Oracle;
- Working knowledge of Lean practices including 5s and visual management;
- Experience in understanding general regulatory and governance requirements placed on semi-state companies is a distinct advantage.
If you meet the above criteria please submit your CV to [email protected]