Health and Safety Advisor | Europe
- Large international market leading main contractor
- Excellent package and career development prospects
- Large prestigious projects
Oradeo Recruitment is currently recruiting a Health and Safety Advisor based in Europe for a market leading Mechanical & Electrical contractor. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to be heavily involved in blue-chip, prestige projects such as data centres, pharmaceutical labs, heavy industry, utilities & power generation etc.
Oradeo Recruitment’s client is an International Mechanical and Electrical Company which has gained significant experience across a wide section of construction sectors including commercial, industrial, data centre, pharmaceutical or power generation on both public and private tenders/projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing company. As a Health and Safety Advisor coming from an engineering or building services background you will join this growing multi-disciplined engineering design and construction team. You will play a key role in supporting the on-site operations to towards the successful completion of projects in a safety, time and profitable manner.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor, implement and audit Health and Safety procedures/policies in business
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the organisation’s Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements
- Carry out risk assessments and ensure risks are reduced
- Keep record of incidents and accidents and produce statistics for senior management
- Keep up to date on new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments effecting the industry
- Provide Training; Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required
- Represent the Company during outside Agency Audits/Inspections and liaise as required with the Health & Safety Authority
- Co-Ordinate the Health and Safety committee for all sites and ensure regular monthly meetings
- Improve the health and safety culture, through training and awareness campaigns
- Deal with any ad-hoc duties that may arise
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Third Level education in Health and Safety or related discipline is required
- A minimum of 5 years Health and Safety experience with mechanical/electrical contractors
- Prior experience on projects in one of more of the following sectors; data centre, power generation, pharmaceutical, industrial
- Environmental Health & Safety (ISO 14001) would advantageous.
- Highly motivated and meticulous in attention to professional standards
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with people
- Excellent organisational and co-ordination skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Windows Operating System
For more information about this Health and Safety Advisor role or other Health and Safety role’s, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 / +353 86 385 1651 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo-Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services (EHS Manager, H&S Manager, HSE Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Safety Manager, EHS Lead, HSE Lead etc.) and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry