Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking a Health, Safety & Welfare Officer for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Projects Manager.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Powergen Development Business Unit in the provision of Health, Safety & Welfare leadership and expertise.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Lead the management of Health Safety & Welfare in the Business Unit from feasibility stage of projects through to operational handover;
- Provide leadership in Health and Safety for projects through procurement and construction, ensuring effective control of H&S hazards, full compliance of internal standards and legal aspects to minimize the occurrence of incidents and accidents;
- Build on existing systems and engender and encourage an appropriate health and safety culture in the Business Unit;
- Develop and implement further the health, safety and welfare system for the Powergen Development Business Unit ensuring that projects are developed through planning, procurement and construction with high standards of health, safety and welfare;
- Champion health, safety and welfare in the Business Unit and act as a catalyst and expert resource to promote and develop an innovative and proactive safety culture within the Business Unit;
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders at the various stages of project development to achieve project goals and ensure the delivery of projects to a high standard of Health, Safety and Welfare;
- Lead the management of Health, Safety and Welfare in relation to internal Powergen Development staff;
- Support the development of projects through planning, procurement, construction and commissioning phases to full operation through the provision of health, safety and welfare expertise to project delivery teams;
- Manage the preparation of preliminary health & safety plans, relevant health, safety and welfare tender and contract documentation including PQQ requirements, ITT, H,S&W specifications, H,S&W plans, etc.
- Complete tender assessments, participate in contract negotiations and in contractor selection;
- Ensure any Health, Safety and Welfare risks are properly assessed and appropriately mitigated in the project solutions proposed and implemented;
- Lead the Health & Safety supervision and management of contractors and other engineering service providers.
- Ensure that works are carried out in accordance with contract documents, the site health, safety and welfare plan, relevant legislation and good health, safety and welfare practices.
- Champion health, safety and welfare, and monitor and audit the execution of the works on construction sites.
- Lead investigations and the preparation of reports including monthly progress reports, minutes of meetings, health, safety and welfare audits, and compliance reports.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Level 8 Health and Safety qualification;
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role including in Health, Safety and Welfare Management;
- Development of H&S systems, implementation and compliance;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected]