A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Horticulture Assistant Instructor
Permanent, 14 hours
The Horticulture Assistant Instructor is responsible for the training and development of Learners in accordance with the agreed local training programme specifications, together with day to day running and maintenance of all aspects of the training programme.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification, preferably within the Education/Training or Social Sciences sector
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualification - Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as a minimum
- A number of years relevant occupational experience of working with Learners in educational, guidance and/or developmental contexts
- Experience in delivering Horticulture Modules/Horticulture work experience – modules such as Safe Horticulture Practice, Plant Propagation, Hort Science, Hard Landscape Const, Est. Ornate Flowering Plants, Est Turf Grass, Plant I.D, C and Maintenance
- Horticulture experience and knowledge of current horticulture practices
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, with responsibility for the instruction of a number of modules for QQI Level 4 General Learning to help Learners achieve certification
- As part of a team liaise appropriately with relevant key stakeholders in order t maintain programme allocations
- Ensure that instructional & assessment methods, lesson plans and materials used suit programme content and learner needs
- Source and support Learners to obtain work experience placements and instil by example and direct training, proper work attitudes and work behaviours
- The Assistant Instructor will take part in all aspects of co-ordination and facilitation in respect of National Learning Network at its centre based in Galway
- An ability to motivate learners to achieve necessary Level 4 QQI General Learning Outcomes
- Ability to manage and adapt to changing environment
- Motivation skills with energy & enthusiasm
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 8th May 2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer