JWR Employment Specialist have an opportunity for an experience HR professional to work with an Irish Leading Global Manufacturer located in Westport, Co Mayo for a HR Generalist role.
As the HR Generalist, the main responsibility of this role is to support the HR Manager in the day to day running of the global HR function and to support the Head of HR in the implementation of the HR strategy under the guidance of the 5 Year Business Plan.
This role will offer the right candidate excellent HR experience and exposure to all elements of HR and will work with an exceptional leadership team. The role also offers a competitive salary, health insurance, pension and hybrid working arrangements. It really is an opportunity not to miss.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the knowledge bank in all HR policies and provide guidance and support to managers and employees on internal policies or local labour legislation framework,
- Actively participate in disciplinary or grievance discussions,
- Respect the need for confidentiality at all times with all sensitive discussions, document and proposals,
- Proactively recommend HR policy introduction or updates in compliance with new legislation or industry best practice,
- Revise employee handbooks to reflect any updates in compliance with new legislation or company policies,
- Proactively recommend/introduce new initiatives for the betterment of the employee experience,
- Manage relevant HR KPI’s and their tracking and reporting at the agreed frequency,
- Proactively recommend improved ways of working to maximise team effectiveness and productivity,
- Act as a brand ambassador for the company by upholding the values, policies, messaging and intentions set by the company for communication to staff
- Maintain Bamboo (Internal HR System) records in line with GDPR,
- Co-operate with other departments or subcommittees on areas that fall under HR remit including Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Health & Safety,
- Regularly audit and review key areas with Line Managers, e.g., holiday balances, completion of performance reviews, upkeep of training records,
- Contribute to the award submission processes for company awards e.g. Great Place to Work, IBEC Keepwell, Training or Recruitment awards,
- Execute HR and cross-functional projects as set out by the company e.g., Graduate booklet, Open Days, job expos, employer branding, newsletters, tenders, grant applications, sustainability project, etc,
- Provide best in class training and mentorship to new hires for the HR and TA teams on company policies, procedures, and systems,
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding process globally to ensure a smooth employee experience, maintaining legal compliance in all areas of HR, H&S and local labour laws,
- Proactively engage in training that contributes to your professional and personal development,
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research both internally and externally leveraging market research, employee satisfaction surveys and data led reporting
- Stay abreast of changes to employment legislation affecting the company in regions of operations e.g., Europe, MENA, USA, AUS & ROW, Ireland.
- Proactively suggest & implement system automation changes to BambooHR ensuring ease of access and functionality to employee’s and line managers, and
- Provide Tier 1 Support to bamboo users on queries and systems issues.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3rd level degree in Business & HR or other relevant qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in HR
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment