Trócaire works in partnership with local and church organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
The Human Resources Partner, Ireland is a core team member of the HR Division and the Ireland Management Team. Working with the Head of HR, the HR Partner will take a leading role in overseeing all aspects of global recruitment, will focus on capacity building, supporting and strengthening Trócaire by delivering innovative HR best practice through recognised standards of excellence and by providing strong and responsive support to managers for effective people management. This role is aligned to the Ireland facing divisions (Fundraising & Marketing, Public Engagement, Corporate Services, HR and Directorate) and will respond to their first level needs and deliver a number of key strategic initiatives from the Trócaire People Strategy.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, this is a 6-month specified purpose contract (to provide absence cover only) and is based in Maynooth, Co Kildare but currently working remotely in line with Government guidlines.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Human Resource Business Partnering:
• To provide advice, support and guidance on a number of operational issues that require knowledge of employment law and industry best practice.
• Drive, influence, guide and support the people aspects of organisational change and development in line with the People Strategy and Divisional plans.
• Provide first line professional guidance, coaching and support to management, as part of a continuous development programme that builds and grows their capacity to effectively manage people, deliver culture change and high performance.
• Working with HR Operations, ensure excellent industry practice recruitment and selection practices are delivered within an agile work environment. Implement new and innovative recruitment strategies that accentuate the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Lead the resource working group to ensure global resourcing is in line with budget and to drive innovative approaches to resourcing that include succession planning, redeployment and talent pipelining.
• Ensure continual focus on the newly appointed employee experience to build and maintain engagement and retention.
• Proactively support the annual and quarterly salary and headcount budgeting and forecasting process.
• To continuously improve attraction and recruitment strategies so that we are future proofing and perceived as an employer of choice in our sector.
• Drive and embed a high-performance management culture as a means of driving business improvement, through coaching the management team, and working with managers and employees to swiftly resolve individual performance/capability issues using appropriate tools.
Reward & Recognition:
• Provide advice and guidance to management teams on the reward framework in the resourcing process and continually evolve the processes to meet changing organisation needs.
• Ensure the development, integration and implementation of location specific and organisational HR policy and procedures, in line with legislation and best practice.
Relationships & Employee Relations:
• Position the role of HR Partner as an integral part of the Division by developing effective working relationships with management, influencing and supporting the management team in the development and delivery of people strategies
• Network with external counterparts (locally and internationally), professional bodies and stakeholders on emerging trends, innovations, and current best practice.
HR Information and Service Delivery:
• Drive continuous improvement of HR practices, processes and information systems to ensure effective and efficient service delivery and data integrity, through management of the HR Operations team.
• Drive and deliver HR communications, technology systems and internal communication initiatives and ensure key cyclical HR processes are communicated, understood and actioned effectively and on time.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
(E) Qualification • Relevant third level qualification in HR, Business or related discipline
• CIPD member
(E) Experience • 3-5 years relevant experience within a HR Business Partner role, with a demonstrable track record of expertise. Desirable would be practical experience working in recruitment in an Equality, Diversity and Inclusive environment
• Demonstrated experience of delivering on HR strategy in line with business needs and managing organisational change processes
• Proven ability to interpret employment legislation, policies and agreements into workable solutions for managers at an operational level
• Can demonstrate ability to work self-directed and achieve what is required, based on knowhow, experience and a strong desire to complete tasks within an agile environment.
(E) Skills • The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with management teams, HR colleagues and employees with excellent communication, Influencing and coaching skills.
• Expertise and know how in all aspects of attraction, recruitment and appointment; with particular emphasis on legislative compliance and innovative approaches to attracting diverse applicants.
• Project management and time management skills
• Excellent organisational skills with particular attention to detail
• Excellent ICT, analytical, statistical and report writing skills
• Ability to lead and drive work on own initiative and to actively contribute as part of the HR team
(E) Qualities • Genuine interest in people, their well-being and their development in the work place.
• A team player, a professional approach, self-awareness coupled with exceptional interpersonal skills
(E) Other • An interest in and an empathy with the work of Trócaire.