ICU nurse needed for private hospital facility located in Cork.
The ideal candidate must ,as a role model, promote best practice in the delivery of nursing care and provide clinical expertise and support within the multidisciplinary team. Support, assist and facilitate colleagues in achieving specific critical success factors as developed for the department. Encourage a culture of openness and participation through effective communication. They will also be responsible for their own professional development
- Registered general nurse
- Be on the live register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- A minimum of two years post qualification experience in an intensive care setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable commitment to patient safety and quality
- Ability to work in a dynamic and intense environment that requires quick thinking and excellent analytical and assessment skills
- Strong background knowledge on hemodynamics, arrhythmia management, pathophysiology, and pharmacology
- Excellent technical skills such as intravenous management and ventilator care
- To be proficient in the assessment of a patients respiratory status
- To be familiar in the management of a ventilated patient
- To be proficient in the assessment of a patients cardio vascular status
- Ability to work on their own initiative and to be self motivated
Excellent Salary and benefits available for successful candidate.