A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.
Individual Placement and Support Employment Specialist
Fixed Term contract 4 months, 39 hours
This post is Full-time as an Employment Specialist within the Community Mental Health and Rehab and Recovery Teams. The purpose of the job is to provide a recovery focused supported employment service by working with individuals who have experienced mental health problems and wish to gain open competitive employment. The Employment Specialist will work directly with employers to secure employment opportunities and provide ongoing support to both employers and the individual to retain them in work.
As a member of the Community Mental Health and Rehab and Recovery Team, the Employment Specialist will be required to proactively manage a caseload of people who have experienced mental health problems and who are unemployed and/or currently off work. The Employment Specialist is expected to deliver the Individual Placement and Support approach; an evidence based model of employment support for people with mental health problems. Working directly with all relevant stakeholders: the service user, CMHT staff, GP’s, employers and Occupational Health to enable service users to gain and retain employment.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Relevant third level qualification or significant prior employment services (Essential)
- Degree or Diploma in Supported Employment, Social Studies, Adult Guidance or Business related studies such as HRM
- Trained in the IPS approach (Desirable)
- Trained in motivational interviewing, WRAP, SRV or other strengths based approaches (Desirable)
- Business experience (Desirable)
- Experience of working with and supporting people who have experienced mental health problems or other unemployed disadvantaged groups) into an in employment within health, social services or the voluntary sector (Essential)
- Experience of successfully helping people to obtain or keep education / work (Essential)
- Experience of partnership working, negotiation and liaison work with other agencies (Desirable)
- Experience of job development (Desirable)
- Knowledge of interpretation of welfare benefits and disability / employment related benefits
- An understanding of the issues of user involvement in mental health services
- Knowledge of government and local funding opportunities regarding learning and employment opportunities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of a maximum of 20 people at any one time who have experienced mental health problems and wish to gain competitive employment, work as a member of the Community Mental Health multidisciplinary team, provide ongoing support according to both the employees and the employer’s needs, be proactive in working with employers to source and secure employment opportunities for people who experience mental health difficulties, provide information and support for employers as agreed with the individual in order to ensure that employment is sustained, work with the employee and employer in negotiating appropriate adjustments to support and sustain employment, develop networks with other organisations that will help individuals to achieve their employment goals, provide tailored support to individuals who have secured employment to assist them in sustaining that employment, establish the effectiveness of the IPS approach and provide the necessary data and information as required, work as part of a national network of Employment Specialists and attend training / meetings as required, support the realization of annual operating targets in respect of employment outcomes
- Assure quality service by working continuously to improve outcomes and quality of service, participate in Fidelity reviews and support implementation of recommendations from these reviews, Ensure service users and their supporters are aware of ‘Your Service, Your Say’ and actively welcome feedback regarding the service and user experience of same, ensure that all records are kept in accordance with relevant Rehab /HSE policies and procedures
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and the employment specialist may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the grade of the job in discussion with their coordinator, this job description will be reviewed in the light of changing service requirements and any such changes will be discussed with the employment specialist
- Driving Licence is essential
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- Ability to manage and adapt to a changing environment
- Company pension Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income Protection
Closing Date: 30th August 2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer