A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Fixed term, 36 hours.
The Vocational Training Instructor is responsible for
- Sourcing work placements with employers who will provide on the job training for the learners
- Liaising with the employers and monitoring the progress of the learners.
- Drafting the learners’ individualised training plans and updating them as training is completed.
- Deliver accredited training as per agreed LTS (Local Training Specification)
The objective of the programme is to support learners to progress their careers through work experience opportunities and the achievement of relevant accredited training, as well as obtain employment for the learners.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification in any area such as employment, business, education, training, social care, retail, logistics etc.
- A relevant qualification - Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as a minimum.
- An ability to source work placements and encourage employers to realise the benefits of providing work experience to those who attend our service.
- To motivate learners and to maintain networks with stakeholders and local communities.
- Experience of sourcing work placements.
- Occupational experience of working with Learners in educational, guidance and/or developmental contexts.
- Experience in developing and delivering training would be an advantage
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the vocational rehabilitation needs of each Learner and produce a profile of those needs
- Source and support work experience placements and instil by example and direct training, proper work attitudes and work behaviours. Provide learners with adequate and constructive feedback about their progress
- Meet key performance indicators in relation to learner placement and progression and achievement of certification targets
- Maintain all records in accordance with both internal and external quality standards and produce reports on same
- The person will need resilience as many employers refuse requests for work placements.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 17/11/21
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer