A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Specific purpose, 12 Months
The Rehabilitative Training Programme aims to equip the learner with skills to develop personally, socially and vocationally in making future choices and progress to greater levels of independence and integration.
The Instructor will work within a multidisciplinary team which requires experience of working with people with a variety of support needs. Experience of working with people with an intellectual disability, a diagnosis of ASD, physical and sensory needs or those with mental health difficulties in a learning and/or educational context would be of benefit.
At its core is the New Directions policy, which supports the development of the individual in making his/her independent choices. One-to-one key working is a pre-requisite of this position, in developing core person centred plans to support each learner’s decision making processes.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative and competencies which enable them to carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination. Excellent communication skills are required in what is a person-centred training environment, as well as teamworking skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of individual person-centred plans; day to day training requirements in accordance with the NLN training programme specification and delivery of QQI modules in accordance with our quality assurance systems.
This programme is primarily based in the community supporting students to engage and access their local communities.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level or Further Education qualification, preferably within the Education/Training or Social Sciences sector.
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualifications e.g. Train the Trainer
- Experience of keyworking which reflects a person-centred model.
- Excellent IT skills to support learners in a blended learning environment.
- Experience of working in a specialized training environment
- Experience of working with young people with additional support needs including intellectual disabilities, ASD, physical and sensory needs and/or mental health difficulties
- Experience in developing and delivering QQI accredited modules
- Experience of supporting the development of person centred plans and future/transition plans
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake the development and delivery of the RT programme with competence and carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination in a person-centred training environment.
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula; maintain all records required for effective monitoring of the learners’ progress; maintaining records of all training in accordance with both internal and external quality standards and producing reports on same, as required.
- Carry out one-to-one key working; assist the learner in developing his/her person-centred plans, thus supporting the process regarding his/her own personal choices, according to the New Directions ethos and the Training Programme Specification.
- Use a variety of methodologies to support achievement of the learners’ goals for example using or assisting access to Assistive Technologies, Art, Craft, Drama, Music etc.
- Driving license
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 24/11/21
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer