A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Ballymun Reco Community Centre
Permanent Contract, 27 hours weekly
The Hub programme (based in Ballymun) aims to equip the learner/service users with skills to develop personally, socially and vocationally in making future choices and progress to greater levels of independence and integration. The Instructor will work with the Hub Programme which requires experience of working with people of varying needs and disabilities - I.D. (mild), ASD, autism, physical and sensory difficulties, behavioural difficulties, mental health difficulties.
At its core is the New Directions policy, which supports the development of the individual in making his/her independent choices. One-to-one key working is a pre-requisite of this position, in developing core Individual Action Plans to support learner’s decision-making processes. The Instructor will also have responsibilities for assisting learners/service users with community activities & community integration.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative and competencies, which enable them to carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination. Excellent communication skills are in what is a person-centred training environment, as well as teamworking skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of individual training plans; day-to-day keyworking, along with some training requirements in accordance with the NLN the training programme specification.
This role will be on a Hub programme. These are funded through the HSE.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification, preferably within the Education/Training or Social Sciences sector
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualification – Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as minimum
- Occupational experience of working with learners/service users in educational guidance and/ or development contexts
- Experience of working in with persons with additional needs or disability is essential
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills together with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Experience of community integration is desirable
- Experience in working on own initiative with a professional and confident approach. An ability to motivate learners and to maintain networks with stakeholders and local communities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, assist in development and preparation of content and content delivery, maintain all records required for effect monitoring of the trainees progress
- Maintaining records of all training in accordance with both Internal and external quality standards and producing reports on same, as required
- As part of a team liaise appropriately with relevant key stakeholders in maintaining programme allocations. Assist Learners/service users in reviewing previous experiences and exploring future goals, using a range of occupational interest, educational and problem solving techniques
- Apply all standards and procedures relating to Health and Safety Acts and maintain the highest levels of safety, ensure a rational and economical use of all equipment, materials and supplies and the maintenance of same
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities within the general requirements of the above job specification as may be required from time to time
- Driving license required
- Approachable, positive can do attitude
- Ability to manage and adapt to changing environment
- Motivation skills with energy & enthusiasm
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date 2nd August 2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer