The Rehab Group are always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this
Post then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in
the future. If you are interested in working for Rehab Group in this capacity then please
submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable
vacancy arises a Rehab Group representative can contact you directly.
The Role aims to equip the learner with skills to develop personally, socially and vocationally in making future choices and progress to greater levels of independence and integration. The Instructor will work within a multidisciplinary team which requires experience of working with people with a variety of support needs. Experience of working with people of varying needs and disabilities – mild to moderate intellectual disability, a diagnosis of ASD, physical and sensory needs or those with mental health difficulties in a learning and/or educational context would be of benefit.
At its core is the New Directions policy, which supports the development of the individual in making his/her independent choices. One-to-one key working is a pre-requisite of this position, in developing core person centred plans to support each learner’s decision making processes. The candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative and competencies which enable them to carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination. Excellent communication skills are required in what is a person-centred training environment, as well as teamworking skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of individual person-centred plans; day-to-day training requirements in accordance with the NLN training programme specification.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Education and Training to 3rd level standard – Youth and Community Work, Teaching or Adult Education
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualifications e.g. Train the Trainer
- Experience of working in a specialized training environment
- Experience of working with young people with additional support needs including intellectual disabilities mild to moderate and ASD
- Experience of delivering QQI certified learning
- Carry out one to one key working, assist learner to develop his/her individual Action Plan, supporting the process to ensure the learners own personal choices are reflected, according to New Directions and Training Programme Specification
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, with responsibility for the instruction of a number of modules for QQI Level 2 and 3 certification or alternative levels to suit learner’s needs.
- Facilitate participants in developing knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to secure progression outcomes.
- As part of a team liaise appropriately with relevant key stakeholders in maintaining programme allocations. Assist Learners in reviewing previous experiences and exploring future goals, using a range of occupational interest, educational and problem solving techniques.
- Collaborate on the development of Individual Action Plans to support each Learner’s progression, Evaluate the vocational rehabilitation needs of each Learner and produce a profile of those needs. Source and support work experience placements and instil by example and direct training, proper work attitudes and work behaviours. Provide learners with adequate and constructive feedback about their progress.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer