A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Rehabilitation Training Instructor
Bantry, Co Cork
Permanent full time, 36 hours
The Rehabilitative Training Programme aims to equip the learner with skills to develop personally, socially and vocationally in making future choices and progress to greater levels of independence and integration. The Instructor will work with the Rehabilitative Training Programme which requires experience of working with people of varying needs and abilities - I.D., ASD, autism, physical and sensory difficulties, behavioural difficulties, mental health difficulties.
At its core is the New Directions policy, which supports the development of the individual in making his/her independent choices. One-to-one key working is a pre-requisite of this position, in developing core Individual Action Plans to support learner’s decision making processes.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative and competencies which enable them to carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination. Excellent communication skills are in what is a person-centred training environment, as well as teamworking skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of individual training plans; day to day training requirements in accordance with the NLN the training programme specification.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification in Computer Science Degree or equivalent and hold a current qualification in CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualification - Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as a minimum.
- Experience of keyworking which reflects a person-centred model.
- Driving license
- Experience of working in a specialized training environment
- Experience of working with people with intellectual disabilities and ASD
- Experience in developing and delivering training would be an advantage
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake the development and delivery of the RT programme with competence and carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination in a person-centred training environment.
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula; maintain all records required for effective monitoring of the learners’ progress; maintaining records of all training in accordance with both internal and external quality standards and producing reports on same, as required.
- Carry out one-to-one key working; assist in the learner’s developing his/her Individual Action Plans, thus supporting the process regarding his/her own personal choices, according to New Directions and Training Programme Specification.
- Evaluate the rehabilitative and vocational needs of each leaner and produce a profile of those needs.
- Approachable, positive can do attitude
- Ability to manage and adapt to changing environment
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 22/10/21
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer