Recruiting Intellectual Disability Carer for the Limerick City Area and the Surrounding Areas. (ie. Askeaton, Newcastle West, Abbeyfeale, Killmallock and Limerick city)
The ideal candidate for this Disability Carer will have to be caring, empathetic and compassionate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our client in their day to day tasks.
Our Benefits include:
- Great rate of paid and we provide paid holidays
- My Homecare provide continuous mandatory certificates such as Patient Moving and Handling, Basic Life Support, Infection Control and Elder Abuse.
- 1 day induction training
- All candidates must have a Fetac level 5 in Intellectual Disability Studies or Minimum Fetac Level 5 in Care Skills and Care of the Older Person along with experience working in the Intellectual Disabilities Environment
- All candidates must have experience working in an Intellectual Disabilities is essential
- All candidates must be willingness to undergo Garda Vetting.
- All Homecare Assistants must have in date certificates in Patient Moving and Handling, Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA), CPR and Infection Control but not essential as training can be provided
- Full vaccination history required which must include MMR and Varicella.
- Full driving licence preferred but not essential depending on location.
- Attending to each client’s individual needs within their own homes.
- Enhance and encourage the person’s social skills and support with activities of daily living.
- Support with any day to day activities and putting any plans in place.
- Person specification must have knowledge and experience in working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Providing personal care to clients in need.
- Potential light housework/meal prep.
All applications for the above advertised will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this position or for further information please email Lorna Lynch with your updated CV to [email protected] quoting the job order number JO-1907-434220 in the subject bar of the email.