A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for an experienced Support Worker to join our team. Working within a supported, accommodation service - you will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your upmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
ISL Support Worker
Castlebar Resource Centre
Castlebar, Co Mayo
Fixed Term Contract 6 months, 14 hours
To promote the development of independent living skills, and to assist service users in their daily living within a supported accommodation service, ensuring their safety and well – being at all times.
Using ISL to support a service user in a 1:1 capacity.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level qualification in health and social care or equivalent, is desirable but not essential.
- Irish sign language fluency and experience essential.
- Min 2 years previous experience of working with people with a disability is preferred
- A clear understanding of the philosophy of independent living and community integration will be required to be demonstrated.
- Experience in maintaining relationships with stakeholders both within the service and externally in the community.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure delivery of a quality service by designing, implementing, and reviewing quality monitoring systems appropriate to requirements of each individual, providing personal assistance in all aspects of everyday living skills, carrying out any duties necessary to ensure the comfort and hygiene of clients.
- To collate, assessment and intervention information and expertise for the purpose of developing an individualized community support service.
- To document information, update records, and complete necessary paperwork for communication and accountability purposes.
- Full clean driving license required
- To promote and be actively involved in teamwork at all times.
- To participate in creating a nurturing and supportive environment for service users.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Community Services Manager.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Saturday, 11th September 2021
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer