JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Quality Engineer, to work with one of our client’s in Sligo. This permanent position will be located in Sligo.
Our client has been operating in Sligo since 2000. The company provides expertise in high volume production of high precision technical moulded products. Their success is based upon creating high value return for their customers, through the generation of innovative, technically advanced solutions. The continued strength of their business requires a 7-day week operation. New growth projects have created the opportunity to invite applications for this position to further strengthen their team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
This position is to implement and maintain Quality system requirements, manage functions within the Quality Department and provide Quality Engineering support to ensure that product conform to requirements. Responsible for day-to-day quality issues affecting the customer and internal metrics. This position plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for both products and processes. Develops and maintains standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Implement projects and related tasks to meet continuous improvement objectives. Ensure that product data records conform to quality and business requirements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain relevant Quality accreditation (currently ISO 9001).
- Ensure plant adherence to and improvement of Quality system requirements and procedures.
- Conduct internal and external audits.
- Liaise with supplier and customers on the day-to-day quality issues and provide timely claim responses.
- Lead and participate in problem solving teams.
- Assist in the completion of corrective action & risk assessment reports in conjunction with the senior management and other relevant personnel in a timely manner.
- Lead and participate in the Continuous Improvement Programme with clear and measurable objectives. Support Lean Sigma role-out within the plant.
- Measure and analyse processes, parts, trends, and performance to reduce potential issues and complete root cause analysis.
- Prioritise the work involved to give the best return based on company targets.
- Maintain the Calibration & Document Control systems.
- Ensure quality requirements are established on New Product Introductions.
- Manage the Quarantine Area with timely dispositions and ensure these dispositions are carried out.
- Assist in the technical training of the personnel where appropriate.
- Promoting a teamwork culture within the facility.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is filled out as per company procedures.
- Maintain and promote high standards in health and safety and housekeeping.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Engineering Degree /Diploma or Equivalent: Polymers or related discipline.
- Good working knowledge of Quality System Requirements within a high-volume manufacturing environment (preferably in a quality related role).
- Knowledgeable in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and/or other statistical process improvement techniques.
- Possess a good understanding and application of, quality PSW/PPAP/APQP, lean principles and problem-solving techniques.
- Computer literate e.g., MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a track record of supporting improvement projects by providing creative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of the injection moulding process.
The successful candidate should possess the following character traits:
- Numerate and possessing excellent analytical abilities.
- A highly confident team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people and situations at all level.
- Good communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic individual with a goal focused attitude.
- Strong planning / organisational skills.
- Able to take responsibility and work on own initiative.
- A proven ability to train and develop a teamwork culture.
- An innovative approach to problem solving.
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday 07:45am to 16:45pm
Pay will be commensurate with industry standards for the role and experience of the successful candidate. Additional benefits include performance and attendance bonus, pension, flexible holidays, subsidised Gym and Swimming Club Membership