Mediwest Care are seeking a Kitchen Manager / Chef for our clients, a patient friendly nursing home in Mulranny, Co.Mayo.
The successful candidate will assist in the Management and coordination of the nursing home kitchen.
This position will be shared with the current Kitchen Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and cooking of healthy, nutritional meals daily.
- Ensure the highest standards of Health, Safety, Fire, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (H.A.C.C.P) and Infection Control are adhered to at all times.
- Support the kitchen manager to ensure all daily menus are balanced and meet the resident’s individual requirements
- Support and assist in the documentation of all associated records with ordering, receiving and maintaining of foods in accordance with safe practices and legislation
- Gain knowledge in food nutrition and diet standards suitable for older people and the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST) guidelines
- Ensure safe storage of foods in accordance with legislative standards
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality
- Maintain the highest standard of service to resident’s in their dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms
- Assist and support the management team during internal and external audits/inspections
- Be committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life
- Must be available to work various days and weekend shifts when required.
Experience & Education:
- Cook or Chef Qualification from a recognized catering school or adequate cooking experience received under supervision is essential.
- Working in a nursing home environment an advantage
- Current and valid Food Handling, HACCP, Manual Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates an advantage