We have an excellent opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon with exceptional leadership qualities and experience managing clinical activities of the team.
As a Lead Vet you will support the growth of the practice and optimise the uptake of clinical services.
Our Reading practice has incredible spacious facilities, in a privileged location with plenty of amenities and a friendly and experienced team.
- 1-2 theatres (1 currently being used as ultrasound and lab)
- Very large prep room
- Large reception and waiting room
- Isolation kennels
- Large kennel room
- Separate x-ray room
- Office space over multiple floors.
- Staff rooms and meeting rooms.
- Beautiful Grass Garden for you to take your breaks
- Central town location – parking outside
- Great connections to London via train and motorways
- All locations less than 45 minute drive to Heathrow airport
- Located near M3 and M4 for easy commuting to nearby towns and the countryside
- Salary up to £80,000 package depending on experience
- 5 weeks' annual leave
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and Experience
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to “take ownership” and really make this practice their own and drive this practice to make it the heart of the community.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
You will be confident working solely in charge with the ability to make sound clinical judgement. In return we will provide an excellent career progression and work life balance, fantastic packages
The practice has the support of our 24 hour Hospital in Wokingham which will allow you to provide excellent around the clock care to your pets.
We welcome surgeons with the following expertise in laparoscopic surgery, orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, dermatology, medicine, ultrasonography, dentistry, exotics and ophthalmology,
We will provide you with all the tools to provide the best care for your pets.