JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
This role is based fully onsite in Claregalway.
Interested? Keep reading to see if you meet the job specifications.
About the role;
The manufacturing engineer will support engineering trials and builds, review and approve NPI projects, manage installation of new equipment or processes into production, trouble shoot and repair equipment, manage maintenance technicians & maintenance schedule. The role will involve management of maintenance technicians and daily interactions & communications with cross functional team members and departments.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Support & sustain manufacturing lines, responsible for maintaining equipment/process uptime KPI’s.
- Support NPI projects and review/approve drawings and changes to machine programs etc.
- Support installation of new processes and manufacturing equipment working with design, process development, quality & machine build engineers to ensure process & machine is correctly introduced to production.
- Support and lead CAPA projects to address quality issues.
- Support and lead continuous improvement projects, seek out opportunities for DFx improvements.
- Communicate issues concisely and accurately to leadership.
- Manage maintenance technicians, write and maintain preventative maintenance instructions and schedules for complex & custom equipment.
Skills, education and requirements
- Level 8 engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment – automotive or medical device preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Lean, six sigma experience a big advantage: green belt project ideal.
- CAD & PDM experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects.
- Experience managing technicians preferred.
- Hands-on experience with industrial machines, automation equipment & MES.
- Experience with machine & process validation procedures.
- Ability to keep cool, calm and maintain good working relationships under pressure is essential.